The Federal Work Study Student Employment Program is a “NEED” based, federally funded financial aid program that provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students, enrolled at least half-time. To apply submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Cheyney University – Federal Work Study Student Employment Application for the year you wish to be considered.
Unlike other sources of financial aid, Federal Work Study Awards will not appear as anticipated aid or as a payment on your account/bill. Students who participate in the program will receive direct, bi-weekly compensation/payment for the hours worked. The earnings from this employment opportunity are intended for the sole purpose of meeting educational expenses as they relate to your enrollment as a Cheyney University Student.
Federal Work Study Student Employment Forms and Documents
- 2019-2020 Federal Work Study Student Employment Application – Instructions
- 2019-2020 Federal Work Study Student Employment Application
- Federal Work Student Employment Timesheet – (For record keeping purposes only)
- Confidentiality of Information and Records Agreement for FWS Student Employees
Payroll Forms and Documents
- Authorization to Conduct Employment Background Investigation
- I-9 Form
- W-4 Form
- Residency Certification Form
- Direct Deposit Form